1 The Information The Company Collects
When the User uses the Site, the Company receives and collects certain information. The information that the Company receives and collects depends on what the User does when visiting the Site.
◦ Automatically Collected Information. Some personally non-identifiable information is automatically received and sometimes collected from the User when visiting the Site. The Company receives and collects the name of the domain and host from which the User accesses the Internet; the Internet protocol (IP) address of the computer the User is using; the browser software the User is using and the User's operating system; the date and time the User is accessing the Site; and the Internet address of the web site from which the User linked directly to the Site. The Company uses this information to monitor the usage of the Site. Also, when the Company send emails to the User, the Company may be able to identify information about the User's email address, such as whether the User can read graphic-rich HTML emails. All of the information the Company automatically captures provides the Company with the ability to enhance the Company's customers' search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about the Company's user base and usage patterns. Company may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by Company affiliates, agents or service providers.
2 How the Company Uses and Shares Personal Customer Information
◦ Agents, Subcontractors and Service Providers. The Company sends Personal Customer Information to certain third-party subcontractors, agents and service providers that work on the Company's behalf to provide certain services. Examples of such services include mailing information, maintaining databases and processing payments. These third parties are only granted the right to use the Personal Customer Information as is necessary to assist the Company. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Customer Information and to use such information only as expressly authorized by the Company.
◦ Publishers. In some instances the Company may share Personal Customer Information with the publisher, copyright holder or author of the products User purchases on the Site. These parties may use such Personal Customer Information to verify that a User has obtained the course materials or to send updates, corrections or other information related to those materials.
◦ Educational Institutions. In applicable situations the Company enters into agreements with educational institutions, under which the Company may provide services and other consideration to the educational institution. The Company may share Personal Customer Information with any educational institutions to which the User belongs. The educational institution may use a User's Personal Customer Information to, among other things, verify such User has obtained the course materials required for a particular course, or verify compliance with any applicable agreement.
◦ Law Enforcement Investigations. The Company may release Personal Customer Information when the Company believes, in the Company's good judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, enforce or apply the terms of any of the Company's policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, the Company's users, or others.
◦ Business Transfers. As the Company develops its business, the Company may sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, dissolution or similar event, Personal Customer Information may be part of the transferred assets.
3 Communications from the Company
By using the Site and placing orders, the User may receive communications from the Company relating to: order confirmations; order updates; order problems; material changes to Site policies and account management procedures. The Company may also communicate with a User regarding Company services that the Company believes may be of interest to such User. Users may, at any time, choose not to receive such promotional emails and may opt-out by following the "unsubscribe" instructions in the applicable email, or use the Contact Us page on the Site. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company may continue to contact Users for the purpose of communicating information about their account with the Company, as well as to facilitate, complete or confirm any transaction that Users voluntarily enter into or in response to or fulfillment of Users' voluntary inquiries or requests.
4 Underage Customers
The Company's products and services are marketed for purchase by adults or with the consent of adults. The Company does not knowingly collect Personal Customer Information from children under the age of 13. If a User is under the age of 13, such User should not submit any Personal Customer Information through the Site. If a User has reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided Personal Customer Information to the Company through this Site, please contact the Company, and the Company will endeavor to delete the applicable information from its databases.
5 Linking to Third-Party Web Sites
6 Questions or Comments
7 Protecting the User's Information
The Personal Customer Information the User provides to create and access an account with the Company and to make purchases from the Company is secured using industry standard e-commerce security technology such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. The Company uses this SSL technology to help prevent such information from being intercepted and read as it is transmitted over the Internet. The encrypted data goes to a secure Site where the User's information is stored on restricted-access computers located at restricted-access sites. Nevertheless, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. The Company does not guarantee the continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Site because the operation of the website may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of the Company's control.
8 Voucher Purchases
In cases of school voucher purchases, the Company cross checks certain Personal Customer Information to validate access to the User's account and amounts the User may purchase with using a school voucher. Please keep Personal Customer Information secure; do not share it with anyone, as this information may allow others to gain access to the User's account to make purchases.
9 Remember to Sign Out
To further prevent unauthorized access to the User's account, remember that, after the User signs in, the User should sign out once the User has (i) completed the transaction, or (ii) decided to step away from the User's computer. Anyone who accesses the User's computer after the User has signed in but before the User has either signed out or the User's session has timed-out can access the User's account.